I laminated this list so I can use an expo marker and check off the items as I clean up certain areas. Then I can just wipe off the checks and start again the next day or next week depending on the category. I actually got the idea from Jen's Blog and it has been super helpful!
Click here to check out my Cleaning Checklist for yourself!
My plan basically consists of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually chores that I do which helps me stay on track and know if I have completed them or not.
Daily I complete:
- Wipe Down Bathroom
- Make Bed
- Pick up
I bring my laundry down to the laundry room and start up a load, change the loads, or fold laundry as needed. I do a quick wipe down of the bathroom sink area. I make my bed and then do a general pick up and put away items that are in the wrong spot every day. It just helps my life run a little easier.
Weekly I complete:
- Dust furniture
- Clean Glass
- Clean Bathroom
- Empty Trash
- Wash Sheets
- Wash Towels
- Sort Mail
I like to dust all my furniture weekly to keep the dust away. I also like to vacuum and clean the glass on all my mirrors. I then give the bathroom a complete scrub down from top to bottom. I empty the trashcans and bring the bags out to the garage. I wash my sheets and towels so I have nice clean linens and I also sort through any mail or paperwork that needs to be filed or dealt with.
Monthly I complete:
- Clean out trash bins
- Vacuum vents
- Vacuum blinds
- Clean switch plates/doorknobs
- Dust ceiling fan
After neglecting all these areas, I quickly learned that they need to be attended to monthly and then there will be less work to do at a later date. Cleaning the switch plates and doorknobs also prevents any germs from hanging around and getting passed around!
Quarterly I complete:
- Wash comforter
- Wash rugs
- Vacuum mattress
I don't like to wash my comforter more than quarterly because it gets worn out faster. Same with my rugs- I don't want them to get worn out quickly. I vacuum my mattress so no junk hangs around on it- I'm a little OCD! =)
Annually I complete:
- Clean out drawers/cabinets/closets
As I've shown before on my blog, I often take everything out of a space and clean the area, sort through the items, donate some and then put the rest back in making the space more organized. Having this on my cleaning checklist just helps to remind me that I need to go through different areas throughout the year.
Some other cleaning tips:
- Even though it's not on the above list I vacuum and clean out my car at least once a month. I am a little OCD about it and often you can find me wiping down the console weekly!
- Starting during the new year I am going to turn around all the hangers in my closet so they are backwards and as I wear the items I will turn the hangers back to normal showing that I have worn the item. If I haven't worn the item by the end of the year then I will be donating it. A lot of times I will have a good idea of what I do want to donate but I think this will give me the push I need to donate the things that I NEVER wear but don't want to get rid of! =)
- I should also mention that daily I do take my recycling out and don't leave that hanging around.
- I also have revamped my Organization Binder which I will share sometime soon- this system keeps me organized and is a great place to put my never-ending supply of lists that I make...
I will be posting some organizing guides right after the holiday to help with the Christmas cleanup process so look out for those soon! =)
Post a Comment