As part of my spring cleaning series this week, I'm here to share the list of chores I generally complete to make everything a little cleaner for spring! I have shared before my cleaning checklist and generally I complete these task several times a year, if not every week.
Since I was on a spring cleaning rampage on Saurday I completed a bunch of these tasks in one day, rather than dragging them out over several.
First things first, when I woke up in the morning, I stripped my bed and separated all the sheets, blankets and comforter into piles and started the washer before heading to work.
I also made sure that all my towels were cleaned and any leftover laundry that needed to be done was thrown in as well.
While I was waiting for all that to finish, I cleaned the bathroom from top to bottom. Toilet, shower, sink, mirrors, floor, etc....
I vacuumed the upstairs and took out the trash and recycling. I scrubbed the inside of my trash can with a cleaning wipe.
It was an extremely productive day.
I've compiled a Spring Cleaning List if you are interested in completing your own spring cleaning- it is that time of year after all! =)
Ultimate Spring Cleaning Checklist
- Clean linens and blankets
- Remake bed
- Launder all towels
- Clean bathroom sink area
- Wash bathroom mirrors
- Clean shower from top to bottom
- Clean toilet
- Swiffer bathroom floor
- Launder bedroom rugs
- Vacuum entire space
- Wash inside of trash can with wipes or soap and hot water
- Sort out and donate/sell clothing
- Dust all furniture
- Dust ceiling fan
- Wipe walls and ceilings down
- Clean food stains in refridgerator and throw out expired foods
- Remove expired food in pantry
- Clean out expired medicine and first aid supplies
- Backup computer files
- Use electronic wipes to clean tv, computer, etc
- Dust lighting fixtures
- Rotate mattress
- Sanitize door knobs and light switch plates
Those are just a few things that I will be completing in addition to what I have already completed. I also hope to sort through other items and get some donations out of my house!
Happy Spring cleaning everyone!