This weekend I made a delicious pasta dish that I discovered on Pinterest. You can find the original recipe here.
I ended up choosing the stovetop version because to me that seems to be the most fresh version but I'm sure that the slow cooker or instant pot version is great as well! I was nervous to try this recipe because I don't really like greek yogurt or cottage cheese but honestly you can't even tell that either of those ingredients are in there.
Now I stuck pretty close to the recipe from My Crazy Good Life but I did change things a little bit, so I will share that here.
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (buy the bagged tomatoes so there is no oil)
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 chicken breasts (chopped into small chunks)
- 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 box of penne pasta (I used Barilla penne pasta, you can use a whole wheat to make it healthier)
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese (low fat 2%)
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (low-fat)
- 2 cups spinach (you add a little extra if you want)
- 1/4 cup basil
- 2/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese (I threw in a little bit extra if I'm being honest)
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat pan to medium-high heat.
- Sauté sun dried tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and garlic for a few minutes. The recipe said until "fragrant" but I'm not a great cook and it smelled fragrant the second I threw everything in...so I stirred it for about 4 minutes and called it good.
- Toss in chicken and sauté until brown all over.
- Add the chicken broth and penne pasta.
- Wait until the broth starts to boil and then put the cover on the skillet for 12-15 minutes.
- After 12-15 minutes make sure the pasta is cooked and then drain all extra liquid.
- Add spinach and basil. Stir until both look wilted.
- In a separate bowl blend the cottage cheese and Greek yogurt until it's smooth.
- Add the cottage cheese and Greek yogurt mixture into the skillet and mix everything together.
- Add parmesan cheese and stir everything well.
- When serving add some additional parmesan cheese on top. You can also add some fresh basil on top too if you would like.
I'm so glad I discovered this recipe from My Crazy Good Life! I will definitely be making this again because it's both healthy and delicious!
Post a Comment