Good morning and Happy Monday!
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Ours was super low key but it was really nice considering everything happening this year. While we missed many family members we are glad that everyone is staying safe. We have quite a few people on one side of our family who were exposed to covid at work and have tested positive. Luckily everyone is okay so far, just feeling flu-like.
Today I want to share a list of things you should NOT say to someone struggling with infertility. Or anyone for that matter. But especially not someone who struggles with infertility.
When you want a baby and are struggling to get pregnant it insanely difficult. Through my own experience I feel very weepy and sometimes very "rage-y" and it is hard for me to listen to a lot of comments people make. Although people don't truly know what it's like to deal with infertility until you have actually experienced it yourself, everyone can certainly watch what they say and be kinder.
THINGS NOT TO SAY TO SOMEONE STRUGGLING WITH INFERTILITY
(OR ANYONE FOR THAT MATTER....)
- Why aren't you pregnant yet? What's wrong with you?
- Be thankful you don't have to deal with X, Y, Z....
- You should adopt/ I will carry a kid for you
- You have plenty of time/ You're young
- It will happen when it happens/ God's timing
- What is the reason? Who is at fault?
- Don't be upset/ sad/ angry
- At least you haven't experienced X, Y, Z